So, I don’t know about you, but I have a weakness for chocolate and peanut butter (and basically anything sweet but we’ll just stick with those two for now). When I found this peanut butter frosted brownies, I knew I had to share it so you guys could try them (I’m actually on prep for a bikini bodybuilding show so I can’t even eat them but trust me I’ll be making them after prep).
I hope you enjoy these!!
- Brownie mix and whatever else the mix needs (usually oil, eggs, water)
- You can make brownies with a recipe if you want but that seemed like a lot of work
- Try getting the fudgy ones with chocolate chips for maximum chocolateyness
- 1 tbsp grounded coffee (I got mine from a Kerig K-cup)
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- If you want to get fancy and play with textures go ahead and try crunchy pb
- 2¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 c semi sweet chocolate chips
- a splash of milk if needed
- Mix brownies according to box or homemade recipe. Add in 1 tbsp of grounded coffee (your brownies won’t taste like coffee, this just enhances the chocolate flavor of the brownies).
- Bake as instructed and allow to cool.
- For the frosting, cream butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. If you are using natural peanut butter that has been in the fridge, let it stand for 5 minutes so it’s smooth and creamy, or microwave for 10 seconds.
- Add in powdered sugar, milk and vanilla and mix until smooth and even.
- For the drizzle, melt chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave in 15 second intervals until melted (be careful not to burn it like I did). Add the milk if needed to make creamier.
- Put chocolate in a ziplock bag with corner cut.
- Frost brownies and drizzle chocolate as desired.
- Devour the brownies and don’t tell your friends you made them so you can eat all of them with no regrets.
That’s all, happy baking!