Day 8 is here and it’s perfect for you sweet-toothed cookie monsters! One of my favorite things to do around Christmas is decorating cookies. I loveeee cookies, and I thought I would share my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe with you all because it makes the best homemade chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever tasted. From Betty Crocker:
- 1.5 cups butter, softened
- 1.25 cups granulated sugar
- 1.25cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (24 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (4 cups)
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed or with spoon until light and fluffy. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by tablespoonfuls or #40 cookie/ice cream scoop 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
Then let them cool (if you can wait that long) and decorate however you want! If you want to get super festive, replace chocolate chips with green and red M&Ms, dip in chocolate, or top with holiday sprinkles! I would not suggest using a cookie cutter though, don’t ask 🙂