I’ve randomly decided to do blogmas this Christmas!
For those of you who don’t know, blogmas is a time between Dec 1 to Christmas that bloggers post at least one post per day (so obviously I’m one day late oops). I am going to try to post every day, we will see how that goes. It is probably going to be a mash up of Christmassy stuff and non-holiday related writing. I hope you like it!
Blogmas Day 2: My Favorite Holiday Moments
I think there’s a reason behind Wendy’s response of “Like toys at Christmas, sleigh bells, snow,” to Peter Pan’s request to think of a wonderful thought. I am crazy for the holidays (crazier than usual, that is). And it’s not because I like getting gifts or eating tons of food (although who doesn’t?) but rather that I love when people come together, and I love to care for other people. I love picking out thoughtful gifts and the happy music and the smiles and time family and friends. To me, that’s what the season is all about.
So, I compiled a list of my 25 favorite holiday moments, which was difficult to condense since I can probably come up with 100 of my favorite things. Feel free to add some in the comments!
- Christmas lights: because who doesn’t feel all warm and fuzzy looking at all the pretty decorations.
- Getting a friend or family member a thoughtful gift that fits them perfectly and seeing the look on their face when they open it.
- Christmas cards with a personalized message: the “i miss you” or “I hope your second semester is going well” or “do you remember when we did this?”
- Animals in Santa hats: cuteness factor increased by 1000
- Terribly decorated gingerbread houses that you tried so desperately to make look like the image on the box.
- Picking up visiting friends and family from the airport
- Faculty Christmas parties that originally no one wants to go to but has a blast at anyway.
- Secret Santa
- The smell of the Christmas tree which can never be truly captured in a Bath and Body Works candle even though they try anyway.
- Christmas socks
- Freeform’s 25 Days of Christmas movie marathon
- Christmas carols: I know you can’t help but belt out the lyrics, “All I want for Christmas is YOUUUUU.”
- Eating raw cookie dough while you’re baking Christmas cookies because salmonella is worth the risk.
- Getting all arts and crafty with your decorations even though they never look as good as they did on Pinterest.
- Making ugly Christmas sweaters, and making them a little tooooo ugly if you ask me.
- Holiday food and toy drives because giving just feels good.
- Decorating the Christmas tree with the whole family and reminiscing when you find an ornament that you made in school or got on vacation.
- Elf and all the amazing quotes and memes that come with it. Stick to the four food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corn and syrup. You sit on a throne of lies. Son of a nutcracker. I’m singing, I’m in a store and I’m singingggg.
- Unwrapping a candy cane perfectly and making it super sharp in case you need to attack any grinches or scrooges.
- ALLLL the desserts, especially the pies, which only seem to be made during the holiday season.
- Scented candles that I can never seem to buy enough of.
- Michael Bublé- the king of Christmas music
- Wrapping gifts and trying your best to make the wrapping picture perfect.
- Christmas drinks at Starbucks in their Christmas cups.
- Being able to act like a kid again all season long.
Those are my favorite holiday moments. What are yours?